The ability to visually see where each specimen is located at every point in the delivery cycle.
Specimen Track offers an RFID Specimen Tracking System designed for health professionals to track specimen samples in real-time as they are delivered from collection to laboratories.
Gain 100% visibility of specimen location in real-time, as it is in transit and en route to the laboratory.
Improve specimen handling accuracy by reducing labelling errors and avoiding misreading of specimen information.
Increase lab productivity by eliminating manual transcription processes and time-wasting searches for specimens.
Enjoy a reduction in operations costs and error-prone situations by going paperless and avoiding mislabelling.
HOW IT WORKS
- Each specimen is assigned an RFID tag once it is collected for tracking.
- The RFID tag stores key details of the specimen including patient information, specimen origin, intended destination, and suspected disease.
- Specimen information is then synchronized with facility, courier, and laboratory databases in real-time and ready to be tracked.
- As the specimen is dispatched and arrives at each checkpoint, its RFID tag is scanned.
- Via GPRS-enabled RFID technology, the location of the specimen is updated to the servers each time it is scanned during transit.
- The specimen’s status can be tracked in real-time to see how long it has been in transit and to confirm if it has been securely delivered.
- Once the specimen arrives at the lab, it is scanned to complete the delivery cycle and its status is updated across all facility databases.
- Specimen info is automatically integrated into laboratory systems so that accurate diagnosis can begin immediately.
- While in-lab, each specimen can be monitored for location, temperature, and current lab status during the diagnosis process.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
High Frequency or UHF GEN2 Passive RFID Tags are assigned to each specimen container.
Handheld RFID Readers are used to scan RFID tags assigned to specimen containers.
Fixed RFID Readers installed at laboratories monitor specimen handling while onsite.
Specimen data is uploaded and synchronized with facility, laboratory, and courier Web Servers.
Our robust Specimen Track Software ties all of the tracking data together.
The Specimen Track Web User Interface lets you track and monitor specimen anywhere from the web.